WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY WE GIVE?
God provides for the Mission of Saint Matthew through our Mission Partner's and friends' tithes and offerings. We also use the offerings to support other ministries locally and globally. Every year Saint Matthew gives away between 11-14% of our offerings to our strategic Mission Partners, including our Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas offerings.
We honor your gifts with faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Saint Matthew remains beyond reproach. Saint Matthew has an internal audit every year and a full financial review performed by an independent accounting firm following any major capital campaign.
WHY ONLINE GIVING?
There are multiple ways for you to give at Saint Matthew. Each method allows for God’s work to be done as you are faithful to God’s calling to the spiritual discipline of giving financially.
Online giving is a safe and easy way to support the ministry of Saint Matthew. This system enables you to support the church by establishing a recurring contribution through your bank account. “Simply Giving” forms are available in the church office and by link here.
If you would like to make a financial commitment through a pledge to Saint Matthew, use the online Pledge Card here.
BENEFITS OF ONLINE GIVING FOR YOU AND THE CHURCH
• Faithfully Honoring God. When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “first fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your “first fruits” are faithfully given back to God.
• Simplicity. You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
• Security. We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records.
• Focus. Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
• Helping Saint Matthew. Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, evens out our cash flow, and it makes our record keeping even easier.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
USE THE "BILL PAY" FEATURE OF YOUR BANK
You can use the “Bill Pay” feature of your bank to send checks automatically to our church. Just set it up to send checks to our office address at 399 Wiget Lane, Walnut Creek, CA 94598.
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. In addition, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value. For more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities to Saint Matthew email email@example.com .
Financial giving at Saint Matthew can generally be divided into two categories: general offerings which support the Mission of Saint Matthew; special offerings at holidays and other times which go to support missions beyond Saint Matthew or special projects.
The Mission of Saint Matthew is funded by God’s provision through the generous tithes and offerings of faithful Mission Partners and regularly attending friends. At Saint Matthew, we honor God’s provision and your gifts by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Saint Matthew remains above reproach.
Members of Saint Matthew may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.